Thursday, May 15, 2008

Drum roll please

So I've been reading everyone's blogs this week, but I don't have much to say....this weekend, my eating was awful. All I got to eat all day Saturday and Sunday was concession stand food. And it wasn't even very good. I came back Monday not inspired to diet or exercise...so my goal for this week, which I didn't post is to get back in the game for next week. My goals for next week are going to be to only eat foods I prepared myself next week. So I need to be responsible for making breakfast, lunch and dinner for myself and I want to walk at least 40,000 steps next week. I'm kind of in a low place right now....I coach a gymnastics team and for the most part, I love what I do. I've had some issues with some of the parents but it seems that most of that stuff is resolved now. But I found out that one of my girls quit, unexpectedly. I only work with about half the team, usually the girls performing the more difficult tricks and usually the oldest girls on the team. There were two younger girls (10)that I usually worked with too and one them is the one who left. Usually I pick on girls quite a bit, nothing mean but if one says something silly, I pick on them, or if they trip or do something that doesn't look particularly good. The kid who left was particularly sensitive so I think her leaving had something to do with me, although I hadn't worked with her much recently but there was one issue with my teasing that had upset her. Her mother and I always had good repore and whenever there was a problem, she always spoke with me. Now I feel awful and wonder if I should even be working with these girls....I thought I was doing a good job but more of them are leaving and I wonder how much of that has to do with me. I emailed this kids mom so hopefully she'll write back and provide some insight- for now all I can do is wait anxiously for the email that says I suck. I'll be weighing in on Friday or maybe Saturday - I'm around both of those mornings. I know I'll have a gain but I'll be responsible for it and hopefully move on from there. Hope everyone else is well.

3 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I hope the girl's mother responds. We all make mistakes, and it's nice to have an opportunity to "clean up" after ourselves when we do.

It seems there's so much competing for kids' interests these days. I suspect that's why some are leaving. Maybe, though, a good heart-to-heart with some of those who remain will clear up any doubt?

Way to get yourself refocused with your plan. Be strong!

Brenda said...

I totally know that sinking feeling in your stomach when you think something you've done may have hurt someone else.
Chin up.
I'm sure you felt terribly sluggish after being forced to eat consession stand food all weekend. Yuck! Here's to a better week!

Dottie said...

What I wonder is did that girl quit because she doesn't want to do gymnastics anymore or did she want to find a different coach. My daughter does gymnastics for competitive cheerleading and the place we go to has two main coaches. The whole cheer team was going to a class being coached by Randy, but then one of the girls didn't like the constructive criticism that he offered and her mom moved her to a class under the other coach. I'm sure Randy must have been hurt. But I think the girls mom was in the wrong by moving her. Even for sensitive girls, they should learn to take instructional criticism...it's part of the sport. Try not to feel too bad about it.

Good for you on refocusing on your eating and setting those goals. You can do it!