Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stress and Disappointment

I am stressing myself out over this weight loss thing, and I'm not sure why. I've been weighing myself an inordinate number of times. I don't know if I'm magically expecting to be 50 pounds less....or just so afraid I'll fail that the daily weighings are reassuring....but I'm down a total of 16 pounds. Over the last four or five days though, I'm up four pounds...not really budging, although I haven't had a good weigh in in nearly a week...and I think I'm ovulating....but it bothers me. It also bothers me that I've lost 16 pounds and no one's noticed....My friend's baby is 13 pounds, and someone would surely notice if he was missing...am I that fat? I just hope I continue to lose, at a much slower pace...and that I can proverbially get over myself....and I'm glad my weight loss buddy is back in the game!

4 comments:

ericadanya said...

Hang in there my sister. I have had to regulate my weighing to once daily, preferably one weekly. The more I live my life by the scale, the more I'm disappointed by it, and I notice when I'm up .8 or 8 pounds, and it's devastating. The day-by-day thing is rough because I think really success can only be measured on a macro-type basis. Weight seems to fluctuate from day to day...it's so hard not to look at the numbers though. I am so proud of you and where you have come from...you are doing this the healthy and reasonable way, and for that reason I think you are really a great role model.

~**Dawn**~ said...

The most important thing is that *you* notice what you've accomplished! Sometimes this politically correct world we live in is unfortunate. I think we hesitate to voice noticing something like someone losing weight because it seems everything we say can be taken the wrong way & offend someone. I don't know if you watch the show Boston Legal, but sometimes they weave some very inetresting & valid points into their shows. One of the story lines they had going in the most recent episode was a teacher getting fired for hugging a student in a school where any teacher-student physical contact had been banned. The teacher's attorney made a comment during his closing argument about how we take the humanity out of everything because we communicate via IM, email, text -- and somehow something as genuine & necessary as a hug has become considered an evil. Anyway, my long & rambling point is that it's sad that we worry so much about saying the wrong thing that we lose opportunities to build each other up & encourage those around us. I bet people have noticed but just don't know what to say -- or how to say it in a way that won't make seem un-PC.

Lovebug6100 said...

Thanks everyone for the support. I figured that most of my problem is the amount of water that I've been drinking. The weekend and beginning of this week I wasn't drinking any...yesterday I was drinking a bunch....and this morning, the numbers were good@!

Heather said...

hang in there! try to stay away from the scale every day. do not give up. we are in this together. it took a long time for anyone to notice when i lost weight with after catherine. i am talking over 20lbs before there was a significant differance in my look. we will get there together.