Saturday, January 5, 2008

So here it is six days into the madness...the first month is always easy though. Everyone's dieting for New Years. And I feel like I've been really good so far. Except yesterday I ate over 2000 calories. It shouldn't bother me though because my FitDay program said I need to eat 786 less calories than I burn and it figures that I burn around 3500....so 2000 is actually 1500 less....but I still feel guilty...but I ate good. For breakast I had a bagel with cream cheese...that was my worst decision of the day but I had all day to burn it off. I had an apple and some honey mustard pretzels for snack. For lunch I had a wonderful salad with regular dressing but only a tablespoon and some plain pasta. On the way home from work I had some animal crackers. For dinner I had some turkey breast, a half cup of rice with a tiny bit of diet butter and a huge bowl of veggies. And a glass of milk. I have a couple of friends who are bone thin who drink milk in mass quantities so I think that's the secret. And like 5 hours after I ate dinner I had a big bowl of oatmeal. I don't think that it's that bad, but it's a tiny bit over 2000 calories. And instead of realizing that it's better than what I used to eat - typically I'd go to Dunkin or Duchess and either get an egg and cheese sandwhich and a coffee full of crap, the for lunch I'd go to Wendy's and get a burger and a large fry or a chilli, baked potato and caesar salad (but it's salad - bull). Then I might stop at a fast food restaurant on the way home for a "snack", that was just as big as lunch. I'd get home not long after that and convince Steve that we needed to order out...some pizza, some chinese, Boston Market....I was eating close to 3500 calories then and over 100 grams of fat compared to the 65 you're supposed to have. And today's going to be a real test. I have a gymnastics meet...there's nothing to eat there and no time to really eat and then we always go out to eat and I always rationalize it that I worked hard spotting, but I really didn't...so I'm going to try and be good...and we'll see how that goes...and hopefully I will show a good loss this week...I've already cheated and stepped on the scale twice and Im down 4.6 pounds, but that's just water weight...I need to set up mini goals., maybe I'll do that tomorrow...

1 comment:

Heather said...

We are going to do this thing together! Great job so far and I can't wait to join you!