Monday, November 28, 2011

Disappointment

Today was my first real day back in the drivers seat....I planned most of my meals, drank lots of water, planned my activities...weighed in 253.4. I've gained over 10 pounds since I started taking better care of myself. But I was on the right track. I had a particularly stressful day....I have something to do tomorrow that I can't talk about but totally can change my life and not in a good way. I ate well today though! And on the way home, I kept thinking about stopping at McDonald's to soothe myself with french fries....and I thought to myself "food isn't happiness, food is fuel" and kept thinking that those fries wouldn't help me shed anything and I'd continue to be unhappy in this body...I was proud of myself for making it home without stopping. I cooked some turkey sausage, rice and pumpkin and had that for dinner, accounting for everything...I had lots of calories to spare...and then I ate 10 Townhouse crackers, one large piece of cake minus the frosting and an entire small package of Sour Patch Kids....so I wasted Day 1....that's the story of my life...I can count today as a loss or I can count this whole effort as a loss and never try again. I'll weigh in again tomorrow and the day after and face each day as it comes!~

1 comment:

Aidge (Drizinha) said...

You can count today as a lesson. Each day that goes by, we do good and we do bad...it's up to us to see the day as a negative or a positive. Stay positive, even if the doings of the day weren't so good.
You're still on track, you've realized what you've done, and you've noticed how it's setting you back on your goal...TODAY WAS A LESSON. And learning is always positive.

You've got this far, don't stop trying!!
Stay strong, keep your eyes on the prize, when you get distracted it only means your stopped looking ahead!!!

GOOD LUCK!