Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Second Nature

First off, I'd like to say sorry to anyone who's been following my blog, although I'm sure it's only one or two people. The last week or so I've felt very uninspired and I owe Heather a big apology since I chided her for using her period as an excuse to be lazy on the diet front when I feel like I'm doing the same thing. So my real question is - why isn't meal planning/prep second nature? If I could just find the inspiration to be more prepared or more motivated to make meals ahead of time, this would be so much easier. Yet I am having a terrible time wrapping myself around this notion at this time! HELP!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I am the opposite. I do nothing BUT plan the next thing I am going to eat! Planning and preparation is my middle name

~**Dawn**~ said...

It wasn't for me either but because I need to plan & prep to cook for just one, which is its own special challenge, it becomes necessary. I find that it helps to hunt down new recipes you are excited to try for a couple of meals each week and plan a few favorites in the mix, and for the rest of the meals, I check what's sitting in my pantyry & freezer and choose meals based on things I really need to use. If you make it fun, it helps. And after a while it just becomes habit.

Heather said...

apology accepted.
i need to do the same thing. i think it would definately help.