Monday, February 11, 2008

Scales

So I bought a new scale on Saturday. It was a fancy schmancy body fat % and body % scale....I figured it would be nice to track those measurements as well. So I took off all my heavy clothes and hopped on and nearly fainted at how high the reading was. In disbelief, I hopped onto my trusty scale and there was a 10 pound difference. I tried the body fat thing and I got error003...which basically meant I was too fat for it to register, until I said I was a man. So then I got Steve to strip and step on the new scale...same thing...sadly. Today at work, I hopped on the old fashioned slide the bar scale. Not happy with the readings, but I'm dressed and I've been awake several hours at this point. I also stepped on our electronic scale at work, same reading as the old fashioned one. I still have the new scale so I figured I'd step on it to see the difference, another 8 pound difference, and the weight said it was my starting weight. I doubt I gained 20 pounds overnight. So I'm returning my new scale. I don't even care if it's more accurate than my old schedule - because either way, I've lost nearly 20 pounds. I'm just a bit disheartened...

No comments: