Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lazier than I thought

So...I finally bought a Fitbit - you can check them out here www.fitbit.com - it's this little clip thing that works as a pedometer, calorie counter, stair climbing counter and sleep monitor. For the longest time I've had the sneaking suspicion that I don't burn nearly as many calories as I think I do or as the weight loss programs I use guestimate so I decided to buy this little critter to really see. I wore it to bed last night for the first time and it was neat to see that I fell asleep within seven minutes and woke up 6 times - nearly every hour on the hour...but when I wore it today, it only claculated 4759 steps....only half of the 10,000 everyone should get...and I thought I was pretty mobile today...tomorrow I'm stuck in a meeting for a lot of the day but I'm planning on going to the gym so it will be interested to see what this thing says. It also figures out periods of activity and tells me if it's moderate or intense- there's 4 levels...wearing this thing is pushing me to move more...makes me want to hit goals...there are badges....I'm so competitve...I just don't want to be this girl anymore!

No comments: