Mary Fran nominated me for the Liebster Award....I figured it would be fun to play along.....
Here’s how it works-
Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
Answer the questions the tagger has set for you
Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to/nominate
Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees
Go to their page and tell them about the award.
No tag backs!
11 Random Facts:
1. I am hypermobile. I can do full splits and backbends and touch my thumbs to my wrists. This used to be cool, when I was ten. Now, it's resulted in 3 reconstructive surgeries because I've dislocated 3 joints...opps!
2. I play the saxophone. I started when I was 9 and continued through high school. I haven't played it much in the last 10 years as I haven't really had much of a need to, but I always wish I'd continued.
3. I have a Masters degree from an Ivy League college. I didn't have aspirations to go to an Ivy but when I was looking at schools, I wanted to move to Philly and this school had a wonderful program...I am proud to say I have an MSW from the Universary of Pennsylvania.
4. My favorite car is the Honda Civic. I've owned 3 (currently own 2 of them). They are fuel efficient and fun to drive. All three have been 5 spds!! I take pride on my driving skills!
5. I am cat people all the way...I had 2 cats growning up (my first cat lived to be 18, my mom has the other as he always liked her better), 2 cats from my husband before we got married that we lost in 2010 and 2011 and now my girls...I like cats more than I like people and my furbabies are always my priority.
6. I am left handed....one of the many who are in our "right" minds. I used to be embarrased about being a lefty because I wasn't like everyone else, but now I think it's pretty cool!
7. I am adopted. I was adopted when I was 6 weeks old. I love my parents and am forever grateful for the life they gave me. When I was 21, I had the opportunity to meet my biological sister. She has given me one nephew and one baby on the way. Our mother died when I was 15 years old so I never had the opportunity to meet her but I hope she knows I'm doing ok!!
8. I work part time as a gymnastics coach and have spent a summer coaching at the US Gymnastics Training Center in Huntsville TX. I have met Kym Zmeskal and Dominique Moceanu. I love gymnastics!!!
9. I married my high school sweetheart. We didn't start dating until the end of high school for me but my husband was a year behind me so we've been together for 13 years and married for almost 6....I never would've thought I'd marry someone from so early in my dating life!!
10. I cake decorate on the side. I'm not a master chef but I really enjoy baking. I've done birthday cakes, wedding cakes, grooms cakes, cupcake....I love it!!
11. I am allergic to everything!!! I get allergy shots weekly for seasonal stuff like dust and tree and grass and CATS!!! But I'm also allergic to tons of foods....strawberries, milk, cheese, gluten, yeast, eggs, almonds, peanuts, rice, corn, potatoes, pork, tomatoes....there's more....I still eat this stuff....or I'd be starving....but too much and I'm sick as a dog!!
Questions Mary Fran asked:
1. If you could change one thing in your life what would it be? I would never have allowed myself to get this fat. I wasted my entire 20's being a big girl...I don't want to do the same with my 30's.
2. What is your favorite color? Purple
3. If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world...where would it be? Why? Ireland. It's so green and historic and a totally different culture. That being said, I'm afraid to leave the country but I'd like to see some of the MidWest!
4. What is your favorite thing about your body? My feet. They're cute and thin and have a tattoo on one of them but unlike the rest of me, they always fit!!
5. If you were shopping right now..what store/department would you be in? Target...it's on my list for tonight....I like browsing all the departments but usually end up picking up food and household items.
6. Favorite type of book to read? Anything light. My full time job is so heavy that the mental reads are tough for me. I can plow through romance novels at lightening speed!
7. Longest distance you have ever ridden on a bike? 200 miles. I do a charity ride called Tour DaVita. It's a bit longer than 200 miles but I haven't been able to ride it all yet. I hope to be able to some day in the future!
8. Glasses, contacts or perfect vision? Contacts....and glasses and an astigmatism....since I was 7.
9. Toenails...painted or au natural? Usually au natural but I'm going for a pedicure tonight as a treat for myself!!
10. Best thing about your life?The whole package - I love my jobs, my support symstem, my pets....owning a home....just one more thing and then it's complete.
11. What kind of car do you drive? 2004 Honda Civic!
1. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
2. Lefty or righty?
3. Any piercings or tattoo...if yes, what and where?
4. What was the best job you ever had?
5. What is your middle name? How do you feel about it?
6. Do you have any pets. If so, type, age and name?
7. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
8. Do you play an instrument? If so, what?
9. Are you multilingual....what else do you speak?
10. How many hours a night do you sleep?
11. Where was your favorite place to visit?
Anyone who wants to participate!! I don't have such great readership but I'd love to see more people here!!