Saturday, October 13, 2007

You know you're fat when a 9 year old notices

So I went to Philly for a few days to visit my old neighbor and some other friends. Any time in the last 5 years I've seen a picture with myself in it, I think I look fat, ugly...you name it. I always see myself the same in every picture. But now I look back to pictures 5 years ago, and I wish I was that fat, not this fat. Who thought there was a difference? Who thought I'd want to be one versus another...not me. So I went to pick up my neighbors kids from their grandparents and I hadn't seen them in over a year. And her 9 year old says to me " Mrs. Megan, you look different. You're bigger". What does one say to that? My response was "It happens". But on a brighter note, I was really dissapointed after Wednesday. I guess I thought the medication would be magic and I'd just be thin all of a sudden. For the last two weeks, I'd been feeling super fat and disgusting. So I stepped on the scale this morning to see what the damage was and I was down four pounds since Wednesday. I just got my period today too so that should help with more of the weight. And slowly but surely, I'm making changes that are helping my body to change too.

No comments: